Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Practice Continues...

With the surprise reminder of how important AP literary terms are ("pop quizzes" are SO not my thing), I am taking a step away from the AP resources and moving full force in preparation for the lit terms test on Friday. It may not seem like this will contribute to the long run goal of the AP test, but in all actuality, it will help me in greater lengths. 


Knowing the meanings of words such as metaphor or paradox at the snap of my fingers will allow my multiple choice question pace to increase. I'll be able to recognize the different terms in certain passages easily and it will let me finish the reading and answering quicker than ever before. Even the simplest of words (hello simile and plot!) will contribute to this plan in the biggest ways possible.


So even though I may be just studying literary devices/terms, these words will go a long way on the AP exam. And it does kill two birds with one stone, I may add!

No comments:

Post a Comment