Thursday, May 10, 2012

Charity Matters.

Hey y'all! Normally, I wouldn't post something like this to a curriculum blog. But because this is an important cause to me, it's worth it.


So, a few months ago, I went to visit my best friend in Charlottesville, Virginia. It was more to reunite and visit colleges, but in the end, it was way more than that. One night, we volunteered to help serve a homecooked meal for a group of homeless women through an organization called PACEM. Long story short: it was one of the most humbling and greatest volunteering services I've ever been a part of.


Right now, they are in the running to receive a grant from Statefarm Insurance for $25,000. This is where you come in. I would greatly appreciate anyone to take a couple minutes out of their busy schedules to vote for PACEM (in the state of Virginia). If PACEM stays in the top 40 organizations, they will receive the money, which will do SO much for the homeless community in Charlottesville. Here is the site in which you can cast your votes:


http://www.facebook.com/statefarm/app_376288832400015

So, if you could please just check it out and cast a vote or two, I would be forever thankful and grateful. PACEM is an amazing organization and I know they would appreciate everything you could do to help!


Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment