Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Game Plan.

For the next few days that we have left in this course, I will be dedicating my time to a college FYI blog. Now what does this entail exactly? Well, I have it set up so that anyone has access to discover a bit more about the university in which I will be attending next year. It has different tabs/pages dedicated to specific subject areas about the college (i.e. academics, majors, living in Nashville, etc). I also have one tab that will be my journey of discovering the college, why I chose it and random opinions from other "baby Bruins". 


One of my goals for this blog is to add as much info as possible, so kids (and any other visitors for that matter) know a bit more about the small college from the eyes of an actual student. It gives another insight on what the school is really about that isn't influenced by anyone but myself. I plan to continue this here and there during my first year as a freshman in which I will blog occasionally to update the viewers on the usual events that occur while attending Belmont.


In order to get all the information I need, I'll refer to the other outlets that have facts about the college. I'll be using the official college site, along with other materials they have sent me through the process of my college application and acceptances. I have plenty of resources to cover the majority of topics, so I assume I'll have no real problems with informing the public on what I know about the university.


Like previously stated, I plan to start as we speak and continue throughout my first year at college. Although I understand I may get busy with my real classes and busy schedule, I want to try to make this blog a priority so I don't completely abandon the idea and leave people hanging. I believe (or would like to believe) that someone may benefit from this resource, so I'd like to make it a valid place to go for info.


By the time I have finished all the ins and outs of this project, I plan to present it just like any other website. I would explain how the layout of the site is and how to use it for the full extent. Even when I continue it into my freshman year, if any visitor were to have a question about the info on the blog, I would be happy to respond and answer anything. 


I'm hoping this blog not only benefits incoming seniors of high school, but the general public as well. It's always great to have more sources for colleges and have all the doors open for those kinds of opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment