Thursday, April 26, 2012

So It Begins...

AP studying has now commenced. I began my plan by looking through the green student booklets. I read every prompt in the packets once over. From there, I looked at what notes the student made: some underlined certain details, others wrote down literary techniques to discuss, etc. With the hints from their notes, it guided me to see what they saw while addressing the prompt and helped me understand what direction they were aiming towards. After that, I reread the prompts and passages and tried to think about what points I would pick out. If necessary, I thought about what novel I would choose to reflect on for the prompt. 

Even though I won't have the luxury of someone else's notes on my AP exam, I benefit from looking at what they have to point out because they see things I might not be able to identify on my own. With their small hint of guidance, it allows me to understand what language represents which literary technique or what ideas I should be on the look out for. I believe their notes hopefully have a good sense of what's going on because some of them mirrored what I was thinking as I read the poem/passage/excerpt. Next, I will embark on some multiple choice questions to get to know how the writers make the questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment