Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mock AP Essays

During the mini essay exam, I felt pretty prepared for whatever topic was thrown my way. I feel like I understood the majority of the plots and could connect literary terms to the prompts if needed. The only difficulty that I had preparation wise was that even though we had our LALAs, I would have benefited from a complete Socratic Seminar when we all finished the books to compare and contrast the novels. I learned that the AP questions were more focused on insight followed by evidence rather than comprehension. This short period essay test justified the fact that I believe I work well under pressure. I feel like I could have written more to finish an entire essay, but with the time amount allotted, I think I got my thesis and point across with an example or two for back up. Overall, with a bit more practice, I believe I can say that I'll be ready when May comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment